The New Museum Without Walls Cell Phone Tour of Philadelphia Outdoor Art
Philadelphia has more outdoor sculptures, than any other city in the world - but this fact is an often-overlooked resource for visitors. Fortunately, the brand-new Museum Without Walls virtual tour - launched in 2010 - seeks to change that. It permits visitors to use their cell phone, at 35 sculptures on the
Ben Franklin Parkway
and Kelly Drive, to better appreciate these works of art. And the self-guided tour of these sculptures is yet another of the
free things to do in Philadelphia
Of course, this page is still under construction. Please be patient, and check back for more content.
How to Get to The 35 Philadelphia Sculptures on the Museum Without Walls Tour
We would recommend that you take mass transit in order to do so. We're going to give you the directions, starting at the beginning of the tour. (It is not necessary that you do any or all of the stops in order, of course, but it's easier to start at #1, and it has the added advantage of being the most centralized point to reach via the Phlash or SEPTA.)
- which runs directly up and down the Parkway, where most of the sculptures are located - is the best choice. However, there are two critical limitations to the Phlash:
1) It only runs from May 1 through October 31 - the heavy visiting season.
2) It only runs till around 6 PM or so - and be sure that you check to find out when the last one leaves your destination. After 6 PM, you have to find another way around.
offers several additional options - which have the advantage of being year-round, and running during evening hours.
Broad Street Subway / Orange Line
has a stop at
Philadelphia City Hall
- which is a short, one-block walk to the LOVE statue at 15th Street and John F. Kennedy Boulevard, the beginning of the tour.
Blue Line / Market-Frankford Line / "el"
- all of which are simply different names for the same line - is even better, as its 15th Street Station, at 15th and Market Streets, is right at the doorstep of the LOVE statue.
SEPTA Regional Rail
Of course, if you are traveling from the outer neighborhoods of the city, or from the suburbs, you would probably be best off with
SEPTA Regional Rail
train service. Nearly every Regional Rail train will stop at
- which is located at 16th Street and John F. Kennedy Boulevard. It is just as convenient, for starting at the LOVE statue.
The 35 Philadelphia Sculptures - and Their Locations - on the Museum Without Walls Tour
If you'd like to leave Museum Without Walls, and return to the Home Page of Enjoying Philadelphia, please click here.